Host an Event
HOST AN EVENT
Host a fundraiser for NEO Kids Foundation! We encourage creative ideas and active participation from individual or group volunteer-driven initiatives. A fundraiser in support of NEO Kids is a great way to make a difference in children’s health care in Northeastern Ontario.
Whether your event is big or small, every dollar you raise brings us one step closer to ensure that our young patients are cared for in a place that is comfortable and close to home.
To get started, please review the Third Party Events Handbook, then contact our Events Coordinator to discuss your event plans.
HOST VIRTUAL EVENT
Hosting a VIRTUAL event is easy! Here’s how you can help your community in a few simple steps:
Invite your Friends and Family to Donate and Participate Online
Event’s don’t have to be held in-person! If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s how to get creative online. We have put together a list of fundraisers / events you can host online!
It’s up to you how you raise funds! You can walk / run, bake, create, or design – it’s completely up to you. All proceeds from your fundraiser will help our tiniest patients receive specialized pediatric care at Health Sciences North.
Here’s how you can host a VIRTUAL event:
- Setup your own fundraising page here
- Click “Start Fundraising” on the right-hand side
- On the next page, select an option that best describes your event / fundraiser (i.e. walk or run)
- On the next page is where you will start creating your own fundraising page where your friends and family can donate directly to you and your event!
- Once your page is setup, you can add images, updates, a little bit about why you’re fundraising! You can keep track of who has donated, and how much you have raised so far!
- You’re all set! Invite your friends and family to donate directly on your fundraising page.
- Send us a photo of you hosting your event, and we will post on our social media!
Not sure how to setup a fundraising page? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you setup your own online fundraiser.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Live-Streamed event: conference, webinar, movie screening with your friends and family
- Game Night: you can play board games at home, on your phones, online games with friends remotely, online escape rooms, or even your favourite video games – why not have a friendly competition?
- Karaoke Night: setup and online karaoke night and encourage your peers, and family to join you!
Below is a list of online platforms you can use to host your events for FREE!
- Zoom: this online platform is FREE to host a 30 minute event
- StreamYard: this platform is FREE, and you can livestream directly to YouTube, Facebook, and other social media platforms
- Skype: this platform is FREE, and allows you to host events on a private group